- 26th November — you can now book your live chat!
- 28th – 30th December — CHRISTMAS LECTURES broadcast. Students can log in from now to read the experts profiles
- 7th January – 1st February — The CHRISTMAS LECTURES Zone! Your students can log in to ASK questions to and CHAT with the experts
- Wednesdays 16th, 23rd and 30th January, 7pm-8pm — Evening chats for parental engagement (more information below)
Watch the Lectures:
Information about each Lecture and a link to watch on BBC iPlayer. You could set your students homework to watch a Lecture and think of questions to ask, or show them part of the Lectures in class.
Lesson 1 – Set the scene
- Introduce the activity and show the website to the class.
- Create your student registration link and share this with students. How-to guide here.
- If you can book a computer room, get your students online – they can read some profiles and make a list of questions they would like to ask the experts.
Homework – Use the registration link to set up your account. Read the expert profiles. Ask at least one question you thought of in the lesson to experts on the site.
Lesson 2 – Live chat
Book a computer room for this lesson and book your online live chat here from 26th November. Please be aware the number of live chats is limited and these are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Students login to the site. They can read profiles and ASK before the chat opens.
- Click CHAT at the top of the page to join the chat. It will open 5 minutes before your booked slot.
- After the CHAT, post any left-over questions in ASK.
Homework – Return to the website to post questions in ASK.
Note – The website will remain open for students questions until the 1st February.
Extra evening chats – parental engagement
On Wednesdays 16th, 23rd and 30th January, from 7-8pm, we’re running extra, after-school chats as an opportunity to involve parents and carers in what you are doing in school. It’s been really popular in previous events, with students keen to introduce their families and friends to the scientists they have been connecting with in class.